RE: ldap_add: No such object

Hello Claudie,
Send me the ldif of what you are trying to add. Or send me the entire string of ldapadd
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of claudie david
Sent: 14 March 2002 14:46
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: ldap_add: No such object

I have the "ldap_add: No such object"  message when I try to insert things in my directory.
I read in the FAQ that the "ldap_add: No such object" error is commonly returned if parent of the entry being added does not exist.
I did "ldapsearch -b 'dc=domain,dc=com' -s base '(objectclass=*)'"
and I saw that it was OK for that.
The other explanation can be that you are trying to add a DN which is not within the "dc=domain,dc=com" directory tree...
I verified also, and it isn't the problem.
Does anybody know what can be the raison of such an error?