Re: ldap_add: No such object

check to see if there is a search limit in your slapd.conf file also check how your indexing your data .. though I'm no expert with the indexing of it but it could be lifo (last in first out) or something like that... my experience has been that the more precise the search filter the better your results. (i guess this is more common sense) also make sure that you're using pretty recent versions of openldap and berkeley db (if you're using it as your backend db) since previous versions experienced corruption as many people have indicated in this thread within the past few months.

At 06:01 PM 3/14/2002 +0100, you wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
In fact, the problem was that the file I was trying to import had the file format PC, so I had to change all linebreaks from DOS CRLFs to UNIX linefeeds...

I am now trying to understand why a
ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=sib,dc=fr' '(objectclass=*)'
give me only the new entrees in my directory (the entrees I've created today) whereas a more precise request such as
ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=sib,dc=fr' '(objectclass=person)'
give me all the entrees concerned (old and new )....

----- Original Message -----
From: Jan-Michael Ong
To: claudie david
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: ldap_add: No such object

what's the ldif file that you're inserting?

I would assume that you're trying to do something like

dn: uid=me@me.com,dc=domain,dc=com
objectClass: blah
objectClass: more blah
uid: me@me.com

etc...

check your ldif file ... and I think you'll have to add ou's in there (though I'm not too sure if its a prerequisite)