Re: Schema for Mac OS X attributes?

>Does anyone know of a pre-defined schema for Mac OS X-specific
>attributes?
>ie attribute entries (oid, EQUALITY and Syntax) for home_loc and
>applemail?
>homeDirectory maps pretty well to Apple's NFSHome. I'd like to harvest
>Auth information via DirectoryServices, since this method is supported
>by Apple, and since I've gotten it work with iPlanet and ActiveDirectory.
>I'm thinking probably a new schema, with an objectclass something like
>this:
>objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.1.1.2.0 NAME 'mosxAccount' SUP top AUXILIARY
>         DESC 'Abstraction of account for Mac OS X'
>         MUST ( homeDirLoc )
>         MAY ( applemail ) )
>...and:
>attributetype ( (what goes hee?) NAME 'homeDirLoc'
>         DESC 'Apple's XML blob for finding a home dir'
>         EQUALITY caseExactIA5Match
>         SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 SINGLE-VALUE )
>attributetype ( (what goes hee?) NAME 'applemail'
>         DESC 'Apple's XML blob for mail prefs'
>         EQUALITY caseExactIA5Match
>         SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 SINGLE-VALUE )
>Can I arbitrarily define an oid?

No.  You have to get an OID from IANA,  do **NOT** make one up.  Once
you get and OID you can make as many objectclasses/attributes as you
want (at your own peril of course,  best to try and use well-known
ones).  I have an explanation of OIDs in my LDAP presentation
(ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf)  and I think the FAQ at
openldap.org talks about them too.

>In iPlanet, I believe a unique oid was
>suggested when we added the attribute. AD did not require one- I just
>defined hom_loc as an optional user property.

Well, yes, thats AD....

>(while I'm at it, will the above work for the hom_loc and applemail
>syntax?)
>Ideas ?

Sorry, I don't know anything at all about OS X.