Re: LDAP database

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Fozia Zaidi wrote:

> No the above is not a typo, I really did leave the CNs for both the same
> (by accident).

That shouldn't bother the directory too much, I think.

> When I try deleting John Smith using :
> ldapdelete -d "cn=Manager,dc=karthika,dc=com" -w secret "cn=john
> smith,dc=karthika,dc=com"

That should be ldapdelete -D "<binddn>" -w <password> <DN-to-delete>

> I get the following error:
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: no such attribute

Are you using SASL authentication?  If not, you need to add a -x option to
ldapdelete.  If you are using SASL, it's not working properly.

> Is there some way I can purge this database and start over? (if I have
> trouble deleting the entries)

Yeah, just delete all of the .dbb files in your database directory and
repopulate from LDIF using slapadd.  That won't help your deletion problem,
though - that's caused by a problem proving you are who you are to the
directory.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au