Re: OpenLDAP, PHP and OS X

My Apache server will not even start. I can't run a PHP page.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2002, at 04:40  PM, Edwin Culp wrote:

Have you tried a php page with the following
When you access it with your browser it will display more than you want to
know about your installation but there should be a section about ldap.
Mine fillows:

LDAP Support enabled
RCS Version $Id: ldap.c,v 1.114 2002/01/04 20:56:03 venaas Exp $
Total Links 0/unlimited
API Version 2004
Vendor Name OpenLDAP
Vendor Version 20019

This also reminds me to upgrade :-)

Good luck,

Quoting Quinn Perkins <quinn@quinnperkins.com>:

The frustrating part is, I had this working on OS X 10.0.4. I am now
running 10.1.2 Server.

I successfully built OpenLDAP and it is working fine.

I successfully built a version of PHP 4.0.6 for OS 10.1 with the
instructions found at
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/php.html. It compiled without
error using:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--mandir=/usr/share/man --with-apxs --with-zlib --with-
ldap=/Users/quinn/Desktop/Services/ldap/ldap --disable-pear

After moving the libphp4.so and editing the httpd.conf file, I started
the web server, but got the following error:

dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Now...my OpenLDAP works fine. My PHP with LDAP compiled without error.
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

- Quinn