problem using slapd

Hi!

I am just writing my diploma thesis and I need to use ldap - I have choosen openldap for serving.
Now it seems, after building worked well on MacOS X, that I am really lost... :-(
I tried to use the default configuration and to fill the db manually. I used the java ldapbrowser from http://www.iit.edu/~gawojar/ldap. I can authenticate as rootdn with the default rootpw. But I can not add any entry at all.

The error code is every time '32' (parent does not exist).

Now I don't know what to do... Does someone has a hint for me?

Best Regards

	Joerg

---
www : http://www.preuss.info