about schema

hi to all,
    Is it mandotry to use the object class provided by OpenLdap?
I have gone through the object class and its attribute type in almost
all the schema's except for core.How is it that i am going to develop a
schema that is suitable for my application.I might have a case where in
i would be deriving myObject from another object class ,of which i just
want to use only certain feilds and not the others.Is there any way i
can do that .
Secondly is it mandatory for me have an OID for my object class(if iam
planning to create one :) ).If yes where can i get it from .
i hope that some body can give me some insights on this question which
might be a bit silly .
Regards
ajit

Disclaimer