From: Mckenzie, Andy [mailto:Andy@wra.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 11:32 AM
To: Openldap-Software (E-mail)
Subject: back_sql compatibility

I'm trying to implement Openldap as a bridge between our email client
software (Outlook) and our membership database, which uses MS SQL server 6.5
as a backend.  The platform document for back_sql that came with Openldap
version 2.0.11 says that SQL server 6.5 and 7.0 work, but when I start slapd
I get:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The ODBC catalog stored
procedures installed on server WRA_SQL are version 6.50.281; version
07.00.0523 or later is required to ensure proper operation.  Please contact
your system administrator.

I tried it on a test server running SQL 7.0 and it worked, but I'm still
stuck until my DB vendor gives the go-ahead to upgrade from SQL 6.5. Has
anyone else gotten this to work with SQL 6.5? Thanks for any insight!