Re: Error logged when starting slapd with SSL server

On 27 Aug 2001 at 11:54, Nels Lindquist wrote:

> The server runs, and netstat reports that it's listening on both port
> 389 and 636.  I have no problem initiating TLS from a remote client,
> but if I try to connect to the ldaps port instead, I get nothing.

This turned out to be a problem with the SSL server certificate.  The reverse lookup of the IP address
doesn't match the common name defined in the self-signed certificate.  I added an entry in /etc/hosts for
the LDAP server matching the certificate name, and I can now do TLS connections to port 389 and SSL
connections to 636.
----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager