Re: Red Hat RPM Install Woes

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:57:15AM -0400, David Coppit wrote:
> Dirk Datzert wrote:

> > web01:~ # telnet localhost 389
> > Trying ::1...
> > Connected to localhost.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > [after CTRL-C pressed:]
> > Connection closed by foreign host.

> I get the same output, BUT I don't get a chance to press CTRL-C. I just
> get immediately dumped to the shell after the connection is closed.

Sounds like tcp_wrappers. Check hosts.allow. Run slapd with the "-d" switch
for more info. Add "slapd" allow lines to hosts.allow.

Feature request: slapd doesn't seem to honor tcp_wrappers "spawn" rules, or
to log denials the way I've come to expect from the tcpd binary. This makes
tracking down tcp_wrappers problems more difficult. Does anybody know why
slapd behaves this way?

-Peter