> a telnet to LDAP for my host says:
>
> web01:~ # telnet localhost 389
> Trying ::1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> [after CTRL-C pressed:]
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> web01:~ #

I get the same output, BUT I don't get a chance to press CTRL-C. I just
get immediately dumped to the shell after the connection is closed.

> Can you connect to another port on your host, like http or dns ?

I can point my browser to localhost, and can telnet to port 80. I'm not

running named.

I also tried stopping ipchains in case it is a firewall issue, but that
didn't help.

David

David Coppit - Ph.D. Candidate         david@coppit.org
The University of Virginia             http://coppit.org/
     "Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain." There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."