Monitoring SLAPD

I searched though the archives, but could not find a solution.

I am running OpenLDAP 2.0.7 on Solaris 2.8.

When I run the following command:
ldapsearch -x -s base -b 'cn=Monitor' '(objectclass=*)'

this is the result:
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

Generally every thing else seems to be working fine - including ldapsearch, ldapadd, ldapdelete
and all of C API's.

In the include/ldap_defaults.h file, the following line appears.

#define SLAPD_MONITOR_DN                "cn=Monitor"

Do I need to do do anything specific to turn the monitor on? When and how does the 'Monitor' entry gets created? Is there any option to be
turned on during compilation?

Thanks
Bala A.