Re: Newbie problems.

The initial create works, and the ldapsearch command works. but now I try to add users(starting w/ me) and I get another error.

If there is an online resource that can walk through most of the simple stuff like adding users, etc. I would love to know where it is, the only thing I found was the quickstart guid and the FAQ-O-MATIC.

ldapadd -D  "cn=Manager, dc=imagestream, dc=com" -W < rjune.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry uid=rjune,ou=People,dc=imagestream,dc=com
ldap_add: No such object
ldap_add: matched: DC=IMAGESTREAM,DC=COM

Here is the ldif file for me(pulled from the
dn: uid=rjune,ou=People,dc=imagestream,dc=com
uid: rjune
cn: Richard June
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount