Re: Newbie problems.

addition:
The error message from ldapadd is:
ldapadd: no attributes to change or add (entry dc=imagestream, dc=com  dc: imagestream  o: My Company  objectclass: organization  objectclass: dcObject)

This means that the buid-in-parser interprets the whole entry
as one DN !!
>From this it follows that there are no attributes to add,
cause they go all to the DN...
:)

There is something wrong with your LDIF-File-Format.

regards
Oliver

Nachricht vom Dienstag 19 Juni 2001 18:20:
> Hello,
>
> It isn't a good conception to have two root DNs.
> I don't know whether it will work.
> Two suffixes are possible but mostly not administrable.
>
> But I think this is not your problem...
> (comment it out)
>
> I belief the LDIF-File don't should contain a newline in
> the beginning and no tabstops (maybe this cause the problem).
> Every entry must be separated by just one newline.
>
> You must create (if you have not) the "/var/lib/ldap" directory.
>
> Select a Password, empty passwords often cause problems.
>
> Then it should be possibly to add it via:
> 	ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, dc=imagestream, dc=com" -W < mydata.ldif
> (I suppose your first root DN.)
> Next you will be prompted for entering your Password (the "W" option).
>
> If it fails:
> What is the error message from the ldapadd command ?
>
> Suggestion:
> Do you like to use OpenLDAP 2 and switching schemacheck on.
>
> :)
>
> Message from Tue 19 June 2001 15:28:
> > > Richard June wrote:
> > > I'm trying to configure OpenLDAP for my network, I'm using Redhat 7.0
> > > w/ OpenLDAP 1.2  I configured it according to the OpenLDAP 1.2
> > > Quickstart (http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/180.html). I can't
> > > add the initial  adds, attached is the output of the slapd when I try
> > > to add, and ldapadd, Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Not a blank ldiff, here is the ldif I'm creating and my slapd.conf file.
> > and yes, I really do have a blank passwd at the moment

Oliver Egginger
FH Giessen-Friedberg
DV-Zentrum
Wiesenstrasse 14