Re: "index delete failed" and "Inappropriate matching"

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Paul Jakma wrote:

>1. "index delete failed"

Don't know. :(

>[paul@fogarty tmp]$ ldapdelete -x -ZZ  -D
>"cn=manager,dc=jakma,dc=org" -W "nisMapName=netgroup.byuser,dc=jakma, dc=org"
>Enter LDAP Password:
>Delete Result: Unknown error (80)
>Additional info: DN index delete failed
>2. "Inappropriate matching"
>i'm trying to add a triple to a netgroup, but i can't get it to work/
>[paul@fogarty tmp]$ ldapmodify -x -ZZ -D
>"cn=manager,dc=jakma,dc=org" -W -f nis.ldif
>Enter LDAP Password:
>modifying entry "cn=irix-mips-hosts,ou=Netgroup,dc=jakma, dc=org"
>ldap_modify: Inappropriate matching
>	additional info: modify: add values failed
>ldif_record() = 18
>[paul@fogarty tmp]$ cat nis.ldif
>dn: cn=irix-mips-hosts,ou=Netgroup,dc=jakma, dc=org
>changetype: modify
>add: nisnetgrouptriple
>nisnetgrouptriple: (schwantz,,)

Try this in the schema, I got this too, your trying to have
multiple attributes with different values?   Hope this helps.

  NAME 'nisnetgrouptriple'
  DESC 'I can exists many times in a single entry'

  EQUALITY objectIdentifierMatch
  ORDERING caseIgnoreOrderingMatch

Jaron Omega