Re: Comparisons using caseIgnoreOrderingMatch

Kurt,

Thank you for such a quick response.

In the "Understanding and Deploying LDAP Directory Services" book the
examples of LDAP search filters on page 98 include: (sn<=Jensen) and say
that this gives "Surnames lexicographically less than or equal to
Jensen". From reading mailing list archives it seemed that this isn't
true because the "sn" attribute doesn't have an ORDERING specification.
Is that right? (It seems like it would be quite common to want to search
for all names between two limits.)

Anyway, can I get lexicographical ordering somehow?

Thanks again.

Chris