Using OpenLDAP 2.0.7 for authentication

Let me begin by saying that OpenLDAP 2.0.7 is a great piece of software. Here are some facts about my installation: OS = Red Hat 7.0, OpenLDAP version = 2.0.7 (tar ball, not RPM), Compile options = Defaults (./configure, make, make install).

My intentions for LDAP is to utilize it for authenticating services as well as a user directory. I want to use Kerberos as the encryption scheme. I'm having trouble adding groups. Each time I attempt to create an LDIF import file contaning group objects I get error messages. How do you create groups? I've been successful is creating Organizations, Organizational Units, and Users (the Person OjbectClass). Also, how do I assign users (the Person objectclass) passwords? My experience with LDAP thus far has been limited to Novell's NDS and MS's Active Directory. Any advise would be appreciated. I'm sorry if these questions are elementary, but I've had a hard time finding a good OpenLDAP users manual (any recommendations would be appreciated).

John Humphrey