Re: lost installing ldap

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 3:07 AM
Subject: RE: lost installing ldap

Hi,
 i had accidentally run slapd with the default configuration. So I have an ldbm database with dc=my-domain,dc=com.
Ok. Shutt down slapd, and delete all files in the ldap directory (NOT /etc/openldap , but the one specified as datadir in your slapd.conf). (PS: What is the base you have defined in slapd.conf? Make sure it's right) You can also  try logging inn with a ladap client and deleting those entries.
(Two hints: log in with the rootdn and make sure you do not have problems with your acls)

btw i'm running redhat 7.0 w/ openldap 2.07

i ran configure with
. configure --prefix=/usr/local/openldap --exec-prefix=/usr/local/openldap --old
includedir=/usr/local/openldap/oldinclude
according to ./configure the datadir is within the share directory
so /usr/local/openldap/share
however there are no files within that directory. there is a
/usr/local/openldap/share/openldap
and thathas the following files:
go500gw.help   ldapfriendly   rcpt500.help
go500gw.help-  ldapfriendly-  rcpt500.help-

should i delete the above files?

my slapd.conf file specifies
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=dino,dc=com"
#suffix         "o=My Organization Name, c=US"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=dino,dc=com"
#rootdn         "cn=Manager, o=My Organization Name, c=US"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoid.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw          secret
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessable by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-ldbm
# Indices to maintain
index   objectClass     eq

is there an ldap client for windows that i could use or perhaps an easy to install ldap web intereface via apache?