replication question

Greets,

I just go replication working between a master directory and two slave
directories.  Any changes to the master get sent to the slaves... great.
Now for the "dumb" question - it looks like all changes must be made on the
master.  Is that correct?

Now for the "maybe it isn't so dumb" question - We create slave for
redundancy, right?  If applications that update the directory are pointed to
ldap.domain.com which resolves to any of the addresses, what happens (or is
suppose to happen) if someone makes a change on a slave?

Thanks in advance,
- Bennett