How to find the containment hierarchy by only looking at LDAPMessage?

Hi,

I am new to LDAP and currently doing a project using LDAP. I have created a directory tree in the repository. I also need to write a LDAP client to access the directory. I want to do a simple search using search base LDAP_SCOPE_SUBTREE to get all the entries under one particular entry. From my understanding, the LDAPMessage I get is like a linked list. Is there a standard way for me to know the original containment hierarchy by only looking at LDAPMessage, for example, one entry is a sub entry of another one?

Thanks in advance.

Zhang Dawei