Re: delete, mainly recursive

Rostislav Matl wrote:

> ... so I added -x :
> >ldapdelete -D <DN> -w <password> -v <entry> -x
> ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
> ldap_bind: Inappropriate authentication
>
> So I'm not able to delete even one entry and I'd like
> to delete whole subtree under <entry>.
>
> Will someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong ?
> I've looked into documentation but found nothing.
> Some examples will be helpfull.

best to use a log level of 128 on the slapd server
to track these down.  If you are using a DN other
than the rootdn, make sure you actually have write permission

Also check the order of processing of command line args.
IIRC the <entry> should be the last argument (i.e not the -x
for a simple bind).

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter@valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry@samba.org