Re: 1024 fd limit ?

Yann Dupont wrote:

> well... I thought this too, but it's not what i'm seeing :(

Then, that may be caused by pam_ldap...

But in that case, you should be seeing those sockets in their
way to get closed, that is, not in ESTABLISHED, since I think
pam_ldap closes the connection quickly (this is good in many
cases, but may be horrible in other cases).

Make sure nscd *is* doing something, processes that had their
connections open will not easily jump to nscd later, you may
have to restart those processes.  Even if they jump to using
nscd, their connection may remain open but unused.

JUlio