RE: Problem with "mail" attribute

I've found that that there is not any mail attribute into inetOrgPerson
schema. therefor, I've added it for testing purposes, but when slapd starts
it returns the following error:

	Starting ldap server(s):
slapd/opt/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema: line
	142: AttributeType not found: "audio"

so, the server refuses to start.

> I find grep a great tool to find such issues in the schema files. Just
> goto the schema directory and type:
> 	grep -n mail *.schema|grep -v :# > mail-in-schema
Thanks for the tip :) I had done that before I posted my message here, and
found different mail deffinitions on some schema files. I think the correct
one is in core.schema (line 494), but I can't make it to work.

The OpenLDAP version I'm using is the last one (2.0.4), can schema files be
The object I'm trying to insert has the following values:

dn: uid=cbote,ou=Users,dc=testldap,dc=com
uid: cbote
cn: carlox
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}xxxxxxxxxxxxx
shadowLastChange: 11208
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1000
gidNumber: 1000
homeDirectory: /home/cbote
gecos: Carlox
mail: cbote@somewhere.com

Sorry, if I look like a bit lost, but as I said before I'm new to LDAP. So,
thanks for your help.