Re: migrating from V1->V2

Hi,
Thanks for the "empty values" fix. However, the photo and audio attributes had data, those ldif entries/attributes wouldn't load, hence the two errors I posted. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.
Jim

At 01:16 PM 10/3/2000 -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 02:58 PM 10/3/00 -0400, Jim Howell wrote:
>But that doesn't explain why I couldn't load the photo and audio attributes from my OpenLDAp v1 system into my OpenLDAP v2 system.

Haven't had time to look into this until now.

There appears to be a bug in ldapmodify(1) dealing with empty values.
It's sending no value instead of an empty value.  Hence the server's
response with a notice of disconnect (protocol error).  I have a fix
for this committed to HEAD branch and will hopefully have it ready for
OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2 soon.

A secondary issue is that the attribute in question (pager) is of a
syntax which disallows empty values (telephoneNumber).  The server
should return an syntax error (and now does with the above fixed).

Kurt