Installing 2.0.3 - configuration of LDBM (BerkeleyDB), Linux

Hi,

I am attempting to install OpenLDAP 2.0.3 on RH Linux 6.2.

I noticed in the install instructions that BerkeleyDB is the recommended
LDBM backend.  I downloaded the lastest version 3.1.17 and installed (using
default options).  It appears to have installed in
'/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1'.

When I build OpenLDAP do I need to specify any configuration options to use
BerkeleyDB or will it find it automatically?  I have a sneaky feeling that
OpenLDAP is picking up gdbm by default on Linux (but I might be wrong).

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark