Re: schema attributes

At 01:04 PM 9/14/00 +0100, Hugo Monteiro wrote:
>    Could someone give me some directions on how to use per schema

I suggest you read a good book.  See the FAQ.  In particular,
I suggest David Chadwick's "Understanding X.500" available

Don't let the title scare you... remember, LDAP is an access
protocol to a X.500 Directory Service.  For specific mappings
to LDAP on the wire (and in OpenLDAP slapd.conf) formats,
see RFC 2252.

>I.e. having as schema core.schema for instance and to be
>able to use attributes like "createTimestamp".

Operational attributes are generally defined by the server
implementation.  Client applications should define only
user attributes.