Re: turkish encoding

At 02:58 PM 9/14/00 +0300, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:
>I am using OpenLDAP 1.2.11.
>
>I have some problems with Turkish characters.
>Turkish is included in ISO-8859-9 definitions and win-1254.
>We have entered attributes using Softerra`s Ldap Browser using turkish
>characters. .But when I want to display entries with Netscape AddressBook
>by double clicking it doesn`t show turkish characters properly.

Likely a case of garbage in / garbage out.  LDAP (one the wire)
has very specific character set requirements.  LDAPv2, which
OpenLDAP 1.2 implements, requires use of T.61.  LDAPv3 requires
use of UTF-8 encoded ISO 10646-1.

If you (or the clients you use) supply strings using other
character sets, your mileage will vary.

Kurt