Re: How to construct private classes/attributes with LDAP v3?

At 04:18 PM 9/1/00 +0200, Dominik Kubla wrote:
>With OpenLDAP v2.0 out i want to switch ASAP from 1.x to 2.0 (because i
>need TLS and LDAPS).  But i have a problem here: because our site uses
>a commercial FAX server which relies on certain non-standard LDAP attributes
>i need to extend the schema.  With OpenLDAP that was easy: i created a
>class ukmzPerson which essentially is inetOrgPerson with the additional
>attributes.
>
>AFAICT LDAPv3 requires unique OIDs for each class attribute.  How do
>i construct these?

You don't, they are assigned.

>Is there a private OID space (like the private IP
>addresses for networking) which i could use?

There is no non-authoritive OID space.  Obtaining an
OID space for which you are the authority for is simple.
See the archives, the FAQ, and/or see the Admin Guide (8.2.1):
  http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/schema.html