more descriptive error messages?

I'm currently using openldap 1.27. I've noticed that ldapmodify does not give
very descriptive error messages at times. For example, when adding entries from
a large ldif file (with -c so it continues even if there are errors) I get
messages such as:

ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldap_modify: Type or value exists
ldapmodify: invalid format (line 17 of entry: uid=JANDRE@de.ibm.com, ou=IBM,
ou=external, ou=people, o=T
ivoli Systems

As you can see, ldapmodify sometimes gives you plenty of detail (the last
message) but alot of times it does not (the first bunch of errors). This makes
it difficult to find out what the problem really is. Does the latest version of
openldap give more descriptive errors?

---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

That boy wouldn't know the difference between the Internet and a hair net. --
Jason Bodnar