Re: Replication question

At 11:53 AM 12/6/99 -0500, Jonathan Rioux wrote:
> With this configuration, only the first database of each
> slapd.conf is functionnal.

You need to specify subordinate databases before their superiors:

database ldbm
suffix "ou=subordinate, dc=foo, dc=com"

database ldbm
suffix "dc=foo, dc=com"

Operations are executed in the first backend that could hold
the target DN.

> So, my questions are :
> 1.  Is it possible to do what I need (2 server, one is master for dorval, the > other is master for toronto and each server have the data of the other(by
> replication)) ????

Yes.  But you cannot have two servers mastering "dc=matrox, dc=com".

> 2.  If it's possible, How?

Remove suffix "dc=matrox, dc=com" from one of the two partitions
and list it second.

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>
Net Boolean Incorporated	<http://www.boolean.net/>