[Date Prev][Date Next]
> That's precisely the point. I appreciate the replies
> that I got thus far. Some suggested me to look into
> slapd.oc.conf and make a few mods there. Fair, no
> harm trying. But I have already tried that and believe
> me it is certainly more than just that file. There
> are many other attributes in inetOrgPerson not found
> in the fault slapd.at.conf. Furthermore, when things
> are not working, you don't know to blame your mods or
> other things, which is my current dilemma.
slapd.oc.conf = objectclass definitions
slapd.at.conf = attribute syntax definitions for any attributes which don't
have the default syntax of cis
Here's what I've done - seems to work OK so far:
1) Dont make any changes to slapd.oc.conf or slapd.at.conf. One day you
might want to know what these files looked like "out of the box".
2) Create 2 new files "myco.oc.conf" and "myco.at.conf". These will hold
your additional objectclass and attributetype definitions (see 4).
3) In slapd.conf (yes slapd.conf, not slapd.*.conf) add:
4) To add new objectclasses( eg inetorgperson or inetlocalmailreceipient,
both of which I'm using successfully):
Be very careful with the commas! (no comma after last requires or allows
attribute, blank line between objectclass definitions)
attribute labelledURI ces
etc, etc, for any non-cis attributes
5) I'd recommend you don't run with schema checking off - the pain of
getting your schema definitions right may be nothing compared to the pain of
recovering from the mess you'll create without using defined schema.
Good luck. I'm new enough at this to recall the frustration of getting
schema sorted, feel free to ask for more help.