Re: certificate add?

At 02:24 PM 8/23/99 +0800, cellecial@21cn.com wrote:
>If I turn off schemacheck,everything is OK. I can see the contents of
>certificate by Netscape Addressbook. But I need schemacheck.
>If I delete ";binary" from the "userCertificate" line , this entry can be
>added,but can't show the contents of userCertificate.

The ";binary" is an LDAPv3 attribute type option.  It means
to transfer the attribute value as a simple octet string
instead of it's string encoding (see RFC2251/2252 for a complete
description).

OpenLDAP 1.x, being an LDAPv2 server, has no attribute type
option support.  As such, userCertificate;binary is considered
to be a differnet attribute type than userCertificate.  Your
schema must allow "userCertificate;binary" to be present.

Kurt