Re: [HELP?] OpenLDAP and Netscape Calendar Server

John- You need to make Netscape Calendar Server think it's talking to
Netscape Directory Server.  I edited the Versionstr string that is defined
in servers/slapd/version.c to begin with "Netscape-Directory/3.1".
Calendar server was much happier after that.  (Maybe OpenLDAP should
have a config file option like "versionstring" to make this easier
to set - or have a #define option like NS_CALENDAR_HACK).  You'll have to
mess around with access control on the LDAP database.  When I setup
calendar server, I removed all of the access controls and used read/write
privileges as the default.  Once the server was up and running, I began to
tighten things up.  It's still not as tight as I'd like it, but it works.
You'll also need to upload the suitespot3x.ldif file into the LDAP
database - it defines some standard Netscape server groups that appear to
be necessary for the operation of the Calendar Server.

Jeff

-----
Jeff Mealiffe, Software Systems Analyst
Technology Support Services Department