Re: [HELP?] OpenLDAP and Netscape Calendar Server

John- You need to make Netscape Calendar Server think it's talking to
Netscape Directory Server.  I edited the Versionstr string that is defined
in servers/slapd/version.c to begin with "Netscape-Directory/3.1".
Calendar server was much happier after that.  (Maybe OpenLDAP should
have a config file option like "versionstring" to make this easier
to set - or have a #define option like NS_CALENDAR_HACK).  You'll have to
mess around with access control on the LDAP database.  When I setup
calendar server, I removed all of the access controls and used read/write
privileges as the default.  Once the server was up and running, I began to
tighten things up.  It's still not as tight as I'd like it, but it works.
You'll also need to upload the suitespot3x.ldif file into the LDAP
database - it defines some standard Netscape server groups that appear to
be necessary for the operation of the Calendar Server.

Jeff Mealiffe, Software Systems Analyst
Technology Support Services Department
San Diego City Schools
voice 619.293.8462  ||  email jeff@mail.sandi.net