help on Exception

Hi all,

I am a novice here. I have several questions.  I appreciate if anybody can
help me out here.

1. I used Netscape's address book (client) to check if the LDAP server
works. One of thing I encounter is that only if I leave the search root
blank, will it connect to the LDAP server. Otherwise, it will fail to
connect to the server. What do I do wrong here ?

2. I started programming using JNDI-API to connect to the LDAP server, and
yet blocked by the error "partial result exception". Can anybody help how
to deal with it like give me some idea how to still retrieve the partial
result or lend me a hand how to go around it.

Thanks so much
-Audy