RE: Slow openldap?

ldif2ldbm executes ldif2id2entry, ldif2id2children,
and runs ldif2index for each index defined in the
configuration file.  There shouldn't be a need to
run ldif2index in addition to ldif2ldbm.  If you
add a new index to the configuration, though, and
don't want to completely recreate your database,
you have to run ldif2index (on an exported LDIF)
just to create the new index.