Re: problem retrieving jpegphoto, not base64?

Stig Venaas wrote:

> ... the data is not base64 coded in the tcp-packets, shouldn't it be?

No; binary data are not base64 encoded in LDAP.  They are in LDIF, but not
LDAP.

> I've also confirmed that the data is stored as base64 in the database.

Really?  That's surprising; I thought the OpenLDAP database stored all
values as counted byte strings.  How do you know?  The tool that dumps the
database encodes binary values when it converts to LDIF.

> the clients or the API are bad since they do not handle binary data from
> the server

It's your client, I think.