Re: using ldapmodify instead of ldif2ldbm

At 03:23 PM 7/13/99 -0400, clundel@coat.com wrote:
>Hello out there,
>
>I'm trying to use ldapmodify instead of ldif2ldbm to build a new
> database. Here's an example of what's in the flat file called
> "newparsed.ldif":
>
>dn: o=coat.com,c=US
>o: coat.com
>objectclass: organization
>
>At the command line, I type
>
>"ldapmodify -a -f newparsed.ldif -D "uid=jsbach,o=coat.com,c=US" -w
>bwv232
>-p 389

considering that you can bind to "uid=jsbach,o=coat.com,c=US",
I assume "o=coat.com,c=US" already exists in your directory.

>LDAP Server is V2: execute command with LDAP V2...

using someone elses 'ldapmodify'... but that's okay.

>add o:
>        coat.com
>add objectclass:
>        organization
>adding new entry o=coat.com,c=US
>ldap_add_s: Already exists

This confirms that "o=coat.com,c=US" already exists.

>Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

To build a "new" database, make sure the data directory
is empty before starting slapd.

Kurt