Re: cyrus imap / pwcheck_ldap

* Julio Sánchez Fernández (j_sanchez@stl.es) wrote:
> > I just try to install cyrus-imapd-v1.5.19 with the pwcheck_ldap patch.
> > After fixing some errors, it compiled, but now when I try to connect
> > with "cyradm -user schelkle localhost" I always get
>
> Try either -m login or -m plain, don't remember which.  It makes a
> difference for me when using 1.6.22 with PAM that, admittedly is
> not the same as you have.  It has to do with Cyrus imapd not
> announcing insecure authentication mechanisms unless the connection
> is encrypted.  But it accepts them nonetheless, with -m you
> force the client to use a mechanism that the server did not announce.

thanks for your reply, but this doesn't work. cyradm complains about
wrong no. of arguments then. I assume there are major differences
in the 1.5.19 and the 1.6.22 versions.

greetings, Barbara

(and sorry, Julio, I'm not in vacation yet, I was just testing the vacation
installation..)
Barbara Schelkle / virtual ifu                        schelkle@vifu.de
international women's university (ifu)              http://www.vifu.de