Re: cyrus imap / pwcheck_ldap

Barbara Schelkle wrote:

> hi everybody,
>
> I just try to install cyrus-imapd-v1.5.19 with the pwcheck_ldap patch.
> After fixing some errors, it compiled, but now when I try to connect
> with "cyradm -user schelkle localhost" I always get

Try either -m login or -m plain, don't remember which.  It makes a
difference for me when using 1.6.22 with PAM that, admittedly is
not the same as you have.  It has to do with Cyrus imapd not
announcing insecure authentication mechanisms unless the connection
is encrypted.  But it accepts them nonetheless, with -m you
force the client to use a mechanism that the server did not announce.

Julio