cyrus imap / pwcheck_ldap

hi everybody,

I just try to install cyrus-imapd-v1.5.19 with the pwcheck_ldap patch.
After fixing some errors, it compiled, but now when I try to connect
with "cyradm -user schelkle localhost" I always get
"application-specific initialization failed: authentication failed"
although the user schelkle exists in ldap, the password is ok and
schelkle is listed as admin in /etc/imapd.conf

In /var/log/secure the connect to the imapd is reported.
I used to get the error "IOERROR: opening /var/imap/mailboxes: No such
file or directory" in /var/log/messages but after creating an empty
file /var/imap/mailboxes, there are no messages like this in /var/log/messages
But the errormessage from cyradm still remains. I simply can't login to
the server. I can see in the logfile of the ldap-server, that there is no
connect from imap at all.

Does someone have any idea what I can check next to make cyrus imap
authenticate via LDAP ?

thanks in advance,
        Barbara

Barbara Schelkle / virtual ifu                        schelkle@vifu.de