Re: a bad tip in the man file!

At 08:43 AM 10/20/99 -0000, kdrjy@263.net wrote:
>The help file told me this api need three parameters and
>the third is a "LDAPMod *mod".

No, the man pages says the third argument is:
	LDAPMod *mod[]

which is compatible with U-Mich LDAP 3.3 and RFC1823.
  http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap_modify

> Yesterday I read a document about sdk developed by Netscape

Be careful! Though the function prototypes might be similar,
the Netscape SDK (and others) differs significantly from
OpenLDAP SDK (U-Mich LDAP 3.3).  It is dangerous to assume
that documentation for one applies to the other.

Note: convergence will come once IETF LDAPext completes the
work on a replacement for RFC1823...

>    So I send this mail to let others avoid such problem.

Please use OpenLDAP Issue Tracking System to report problems.
	http://www.openldap.org/its/

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
OpenLDAP Project <http://www.OpenLDAP.org/>