Re: LDAP and DNS

Well, I would think this is exactly what LDAP is meant for. Our helpdesk group
purchased an application that stores the IP addresses and host names of various
network devices along with other data about the devices. Every time I update my
DNS tables, they have to update their database as well. Neither bind nor this
application use LDAP, but if they did it would certainly be more efficient.

All of that having been said, it does open a whole new world of replication and
security considerations that have to be thought through.

Jon