RE: LDAP and DNS

Jon,

I don't know if this will help, but in most situations that I have
encountered at work it has been easier (and more robust using backups, NFS,
and some other tricks depending on what level of fault-tolerance you need)
to write some simple PERL scripts to dump the ldap domain information, munge
the domain information as needed, and create DNS map files using templates
and some other logic for zones, etc..  Basically the templates are simply a
copy of one of the DNS map files with some replaceable values in the
appropriate fields.  We currently do this at several ISP that need the
scalability up to millions of users.  It works very well and operators can
understand it!

Thanks,
  Brian Benson   Software.Com
  Professional Services Group