Re: Resolving groups (neophyte question)

[I have trimmed down the CC list, since it was getting too long and this
is becoming of limited interest.  Sorry if I offend anyone for this.]

Mark Smith wrote:

> Julio Sánchez Fernández wrote:
> >
> > And RFC2251, section 4.5.1 ends with a paragraph sanctifying this.  Except
> > when reading subschema subentries, objectclass=* is the canonical way.
>
> I know you meant to say "(objectclass=subschema)" but others might be
> confused.

It was a poor construction.  What I really wanted to say is that the canonical
way to read an entry is with '(objectclass=*)', except when reading subschema
subentries where '(objectclass=subschema)' must be used for the reason you
give.  Saying it aloud, the intonation disambiguates the meaning, but in
written form it can be understood to mean exactly the opposite of what I
intended.

Sorry for the confusion.

Julio