OpenLDAP and Netscape Directory Synchronization

Is it possible to synchronize the Netscape client's directory entry with an
OpenLDAP server?  In other words, I have set up an OpenLDAP server to server
addresses to my copy of Netscape.  I'd like to set it up for offline use, and
have the client download the addresses from OpenLdap when it goes offline.

The client documentation merely says the the LDAP server must be set up for
"replication".  Slurpd is the replication server, correct?  The slurpd man
page only mentions updates initiated by slurpd whenever the data has changed;
is it possible to set it up to work on demand?

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Unix/Web Administrator
Babcock & Brown, San Francisco