Radio Buttons and Checkboxes in Netscape

Hi All,

   I am trying to add Radiobuttons and Checkboxes in the HTML  templates
of a Netscape Directory Server 4.0 .The documentation on Netscape's site
just describes how to define the "type" when using the DS_ATTRIBUTE.
   But, my problem is that when I associate a value with an instance of
the checkbox (i.e checked or not-checked) , the value must be displayed
when I display that person's information.But  what happens instead is
that Checkbox itself is displayed.
e.g if I create a checkbox for a person's sex and I assign a value
"male" for "checked"  and "female" for "not-checked" , that value must
be stored in the database and displayed when I query that person's
info.Instead , I get the checkbox , either checked/unchecked depending
on how I saved it. I NEED HELP !!!!!
   This is a very important  project for me and it I will greatly
appreciate all the help and responses received.

Thanks,

Taz