Re: Netscape roaming against an OpenLDAP server?

Hi,

I haven't tried openldap, but I've managed to make netscape ds 3.12 to
work with roaming profiles, where i had to do whatever is written in the
URL you mentioned.

First of all, you must store your roaming profile in ldap server.
This is done by first setting up the ldap server, and then enabling
roaming access options in netscape communicator, so that the next time
communicator ends, it will store your profile on ldap server. So, you
must check out if communicator contacts ldap server correctly when it
ends its execution! (or by doing ldapsearch in your server).

Now, about access control.
I don't know how openldap works, but you must permit users to write
information in your ldap server in the tree where you will store your
profiles.
If you don't know how to do this, I would suggest to permit everyone to
write everywhere, just for testing.

John