Re: no version of ldap seems to compile on Linux "Out-of-the box"

Richard Hector wrote:

> Following Daryl Biberdorf's example of make 2>make.out, I got exactly
> the same results as he did (which I won't bother to repost; hopefully
> you've got it).

OK. Upgrading to OpenLDAP 1.0.2 fixed that problem, and included the 2
changes I had made to Make-common.gmake, so I must have been right.

The other fix, which seems to have been the important one, was to remove
threads from the platform-specific Make-platform. Uncommenting the 2
relevant lines brought the problem back.

Having done that, I ran make test - test007 - replication - failed, due
to the fact that slurpd requires threads.

So the big question is (no doubt somewhat off-topic) how do I get
Slackware 3.5 to support threads - and in such a way that OpenLDAP can
use them?

Many thanks,

Richard Hector