Re: no version of ldap seems to compile on Linux "Out-of-the box"

Blake Binkley wrote:

> Richard Hector wrote:
>
> > Hi, I don't know if Blake answered this (I haven't seen it) but I can't
> > compile either.
> >

> richard, if you attempted to do a make with Make-common.dist then please do
> the following:
>
> cp Make-common.gmake Make-common
> make veryclean
> cp Make-common.gmake Make-common
> make
> make install
>
> that should fix it for you, let me know if it doesn't...

It doesn't. (I was using Make-common.gmake anyway)

This last time, I used Make-common.gmake with no modifications.
Previously, I had changed the locations for vi and finger (from
/usr/ucb/ to /usr/bin/).

Also, I have tried on various occasions changing the other bit I
mentioned in my original post:

ifndef LDAP_ETCDIR
LDAP_RUNDIR= $(LDAP_ETCDIR)
endif

Which makes more sense to me as:

ifndef LDAP_RUNDIR
LDAP_RUNDIR= $(LDAP_ETCDIR)
endif

But that didn't seem to make any difference either.

Following Daryl Biberdorf's example of make 2>make.out, I got exactly
the same results as he did (which I won't bother to repost; hopefully
you've got it).

Many thanks,

Richard Hector