Re: /usr/local/libexec is a file not directory

/usr/local/libexec gets created early in the install procedure, but as a
file, not a directory.  Remove the file, mkdir /usr/local/libexec,
and re-do the install.  It will go correctly after this.

Hope this gets fixed in the next release...

-Mark

On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 03:58:21PM +0000, Timothy Ritchey wrote:
> > ifndef LDAP_ETCDIR
> > LDAP_RUNDIR= $ (LDAP_ETCDIR)
> > endif
>
> Another install directory problem I found on Debian systems is that it
> defaults to trying to install all of the deamons to:
>
> /usr/local/libexec
>
> unfortunately, at least on my system, this is not a directory, it is a
> file. I am pretty much a novice here, but had to change the libexec
> directory to /usr/local/libexec_ldap. The make install script didn't
> seem to complain though when I ran it, so I couldn't figure out what was
> wrong - I have a working sytem now though.
>
> Cheers,
> tim

   AURORA TECHNOLOGIES     | Mark Komarinski   markk@auroratech.com |
   176 Second Ave          | Ph: 781-290-4800 x139  Fx: 781-290-5358|
   Waltham, MA 02451 USA   | W: http://www.auroratech.com           |